Chad A. Hopper Member
Chad Hopper has been with Buttram, Hawkins & Hopper, LLC since 2000. He earned his law degree from the University of Alabama School of Law in 2000 and his undergraduate degree, summa cum laude, from Jacksonville State University in 1997.
Mr. Hopper is a member of Centre First Baptist Church. He is also past Chairman of the Board for the Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce and past President of the University of Alabama Alumni Association Cherokee County Chapter. From 2003 to 2007, he served as the Board President for the Cherokee County Children’s Advocacy Center and has served in the Centre Lions Club and as President of the Cherokee County Bar Association. He and his wife Brooke have two children, Cade and Anna.
Chad is known as a relentless litigator with trial experience in all matters of family law, divorce, criminal defense and civil litigation, including appeals. He also enjoys assisting clients with wills, estates and Social Security Disability. He handles all kinds of accident cases, including car and truck accidents and wrongful death. Chad is also an experienced real estate closing attorney and is a licensed title insurance agent able to handle all real estate needs.
- Alabama, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama, 2000
- J.D., University of Alabama, 2000
- B.S. in accounting, summa cum laude, Jacksonville State University, 1997
- Cherokee County Bar Association
- President, 2003 to 2010
- Alabama State Bar
- American Bar Association
- Centre First Baptist Church
- Member and Deacon
- Cherokee County Children’s Advocacy Center
- Board President, 2003 to 2007
- Cherokee County Chamber of Commerce
- Chairman of Board, 2006 to 2007
- Cherokee County JOBS Task Force
- President, 2006 to present
- University of Alabama Alumni Association Cherokee County Chapter
- President, 2004-2005, and 2015-2016